- 1 pound asparagus , (choose thick spears)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges , if desired
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 350° to 400°F, and brush the grill grates clean.
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus by snapping the ends off. Bend each stalk gently about 2/3 of the way down the stalk until it naturally breaks where the woody part begins. If desired, use a knife to trim the ends of the stalks to tidy up the cuts. Discard the ends.
- Place the asparagus spears in a shallow bowl or on a platter or baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss the spears with your hands to coat. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss again.
- Place the asparagus across the grill grates perpendicular to the bars. Grill with the lid closed for 6 to 10 minutes or until the spears are tender and crisp. Use tongs to roll the spears for even grill marks.
- Transfer to a platter and if desired, drizzle with more olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Source Recipe: https://www.foodiecrush.com/grilled-asparagus/
Prep Your Grill:
- Check your propane tank and hose for leaks
- Keep your grill 10 feet away from building structures
- Follow manufacturer’s grill instructions
- Follow proper lighting procedures
- Be present at all times while the grill is on
For more Grill Safety tips, click here