Before you start grilling,
make sure you complete
a visual inspection of
your grill tank to
ensure it works properly.
Handling & Transporting Small Cylinders
Make Sure Your Tank is NOT:
- Dented, bulging or cracked
- Rust or pitted, particularly on the bottom
- Bent on the tank’s foot ring, collar and valve cover; and there’s a working Overfill Prevention Device, or OPD
- Your grill tank is good for the first 12 years, but then needs to be recertified every 5 years.
- Check the connection points between the hose, regulator and cylinder. Tighten if loose.