- 1 lb. small carrots, peeled (halved if medium)
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Carrot Top Chimichurri:
- 1/4 c. carrot tops, washed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. whole milk ricotta
- 1 tbsp. chopped roasted pistachios
- Heat grill or grill pan on low until very hot, about 5 minutes. Toss carrots in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place carrots on grill and cook, covered, turning occasionally, until fork-tender and lightly charred, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine all chimichurri ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread ricotta in the center of a serving dish until it is about ¼” thick. Top with grilled carrots, chimichurri, and a sprinkle of pistachios.
Prep Your Grill:
- Check your propane tank and hose for leaks
- Keep your grill 10 feet away from building structures
- Follow manufacturer’s grill instructions
- Follow proper lighting procedures
- Be present at all times while the grill is on
For more Grill Safety tips, click here